The Georgraphic Information Systems (GIS) program focuses on providing geospatial technical support to the department’s staff and programs so that they can effectively protect, preserve, and manage the Treaty Resources of the Tulalip Tribes. The GIS Program is responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing geospatial data for department’s staff and programs which includes:
- Create and print maps for department’s staff and programs.
- Coordinate with Tulalip Data Services (TDS) on technical needs and requirements for department’s geospatial database.
- Provide training and technical support for the use of GPS devices in collecting spatial and related attribute data in the field.
- Research the latest GIS methods and technologies.
- Determine the most applicable and useful GIS methods and technologies to employ for department’s staff and programs.
- Assist department’s staff and programs with the development and implementation of GIS.