Licensing and Permits
Fish / Shellfish Permits:
Commercial permits for Tulalip tribal members with current vessels Registered through Tulalip.
(All commercial permits are valid through June 30th of each year.)
- Skiff Gillnet
- Beach Seine
- Purse Seine
- Long Line
Also, commercial permits for licensed and certified surface supply air divers, after all certifications and other required documents are provided.
Vessel Registration for enrolled Tulalip tribal members only.
(All vessel Registrations are valid through June 30th of each year.)
For registration of a vessel we would need the following:
Title for the vessel and/or bill of sale for the vessel
Safety checklist done with the Tulalip tribal fisheries enforcement officers
Subsistence permits (when regulations and open seasons are in effect):
- Crab : Valid 3-day permit, limit of 2 crab pots per permit and limit of 12 crab take home daily limit. (Total of 36 crab per 3-day permit).
- Shrimp : Valid 3-day permit, limit of 4 Shrimp pots per permit and limit of 10 pounds of whole shrimp per day. (Total of 30 pounds per 3-day permit)
- Clam : Valid 1-day permit, limit of 75 pounds per 1-day permit, with a limit of 5 permits per year.
- Pole fishing / hook and line : valid the date issued till April 1st of the following year. (Example: 10/10/2016 through 4/1/2017)
- Long line : Valid 3-day permit, limit of 1 per permit.
Fish / Shellfish buyers permit needs:
(All fish buyers permits are valid through March 30th of each year.)
Fish buyers contract signed and returned to The Tulalip Tribes Admin Building to Natural Resources Permitting department.
A copy of fish buyers current Washington state license to buy $10.00 permit fee
Subsistence hunting permits.
- Bear : 2 tags per enrolled Tulalip tribal member (Open around the 3rd week of July each year and close around the 2nd week in December of each year.)
- Cougar : 1 tag per enrolled Tulalip tribal member (Open around the 3rd week of July each year and close around the 3rd week of March of each year.)
- Deer : 2 tags per enrolled Tulalip tribal member (Open the 3rd week of August and close January 31st of each year.)
- Elk : 1 tags per enrolled Tulalip tribal member (Open the 4th week of August and close January 31st of each year.)
Each Tulalip tribal member may be designated to hunt with a signed note turned into the permitting department, for only 2 other enrolled Tulalip tribal members and are required to leave their personal tags with the permitting staff while they hunt for others.
Ceremonial Hunting Permits:
*An enrolled Tulalip tribal member can come in to The Tulalip Tribes Admin building and ask for the Natural Resources permitting Department and fill out a request for Ceremonial Hunting, this is preferred to be at least three working days before the ceremonial hunt will begin.
*This permit requires approval from the Natural Resources Executive Director or to the Fish and Wildlife Director, this is the reasoning for a 3 business day turn around.
Tulalip Fish and Shellfish regulation hotline numbers:
These Hotlines were created to give fisherman current fishing and shellfish harvest regulation information.
All permits can be obtained from the following representatives: